Got Problems With Your Kitchen Sink?
The kitchen is the center of the home. It’s where many American families spend most of their time, so kitchen sinks will naturally see heavy use. Because of this, kitchen sinks are also more likely to face various plumbing issues.
Gotelli Plumbing wants to make sure that your kitchen stays functional and relaxing. If you’re having a problem with your kitchen sink, or any other kitchen plumbing issue, give your local plumbing company a call.
Common Kitchen Plumbing Issues
Your daily routines rely on dependable plumbing. While there are many things that can cause problems in your kitchen sink, these are the most common issues we see:
- Low water pressure – If you’re dealing with low water pressure, it’s likely due to a clogged aerator. Aerators can get clogged by minerals from hard water buildup.
- Leaky faucet – There are many causes and many types of faucet leaks, so if you’re dealing with a leaky kitchen faucet, you will likely need to call a professional plumbing service near you.
- Clogged sink – If your sink is clogged, it could be the garbage disposal that is the issue. The backup might be caused by debris that shouldn’t be in the disposal, a broken disposal or an older disposal that’s ready to be replaced.
- Clogged drain lines – A clogged kitchen drain line is a little more serious than a clogged garbage disposal. If you’re dealing with water backups in more than one sink, tub or toilet, you probably have a clogged drain line. If this is the case, you will definitely need to call a professional to clear your clogged drain lines.
- Foul odor – If you’re dealing with a stinky kitchen sink, it is likely caused by your garbage disposal. A buildup of old food waste, especially waste that we never meant to go down the disposal, will cause a bad smell.
Sink Maintenance Tips
We always encourage calling a plumber if you can’t figure out how to fix a problem with your plumbing, but we also like to offer advice for some smaller fixes. Here are some kitchen sink maintenance tips:
- Use ice to clear disposal buildup – A quick and inexpensive way to clear some buildup in your garbage disposal is to run ice cubes through it. You can then squeeze lemon juice into your disposal to leave a fresh scent.
- Clean your aerator – If you feel comfortable taking your kitchen sink apart, it’s easy to clean the aerator to improve your water pressure. You can use vinegar and a toothbrush to clean out the aerator.
- Reset your disposal – If your disposal isn’t turning on, it might need to be reset. First, turn off the disposal. Then make sure the disposal is plugged in. With the device still turned off, you will hit the reset button. You can then turn on the power switch to get it back up and running. Always be sure to keep your hands clear of the impellers when working on your disposal.
If you’re having problems with your kitchen sink plumbing, you can rely on Gotelli Plumbing to provide excellent service and high-quality repairs.
Schedule Kitchen Plumbing Services With Gotelli
Make your plumbing services easier and more convenient by partnering with Gotelli Plumbing. From faucets to sinks to garbage disposals, your kitchen plumbing is in great hands. Contact us today for kitchen plumbing solutions!